PolyRoof - Concrete Roof Insulation Boards
Building Contractor Board Prices
The prices displayed are retail board prices excluding VAT. If you are looking for bulk or building contractor rates please call us or request a contractor quote via email.
Order PolyRoof - Concrete Flat Roof Insulation Directly Online Today!
The Cost Effective Way To Insulate Your Concrete Roof Slab In South Africa!
- These are our retail board prices (Excluding VAT)
- Email us if you are looking for CONTRACTOR OR BULK BUYER prices for this product.
- Based on volume we may offer you a discount when we review your order.
Current Retail Prices Per m2 (Excl. VAT):
- There are too many variations to document the per m2 for each thickness and region.
- That said, it is very easy to calculate the per m2 rate. Just divide the board price by 3!
- You will find that this is an extremely cost effective product for this application.
PolyRoof - Above Concrete Roof or Inverted Roof Insulation
PolyRoof Insulation is a very cost effective way to insulate concrete roof slabs and protect the waterproofing layer at the same time. It is both an insulation board and a waterproofing protection system.
In South Africa, concrete roof slabs that are exposed to the elements attract significant heat and cold in our summer and winter months respectively. If not insulated properly, concrete slabs can easily reach summer temperatures of 40 degrees and this heat is then transferred into the living or working areas of the building below. PolyRoof Insulation Boards stop the heat and cold from reaching the concrete roof slab ensuring that the slab remains at ambient temperature.
The Inverted Roof Applications Explained
- First the concrete slab is cast with a screed to fall sufficient to ensure proper run-off.
- The torch-on or other waterproofing system is then applied the the concrete roof slab.
- Our PolyRoof insulation Boards are then cut and placed tightly on top of the waterproofing layer.
- A filter fabric (that we can supply) is then place on top of the PolyRoof Insulation Boards.
- A stone or paving layer is then placed on top of the filter fabric to ballast the system.
SANS 10400 Part XA Building Requirements For Buildings:
Concrete Roof Insulation is a building requirement, in terms of the SANS 10400 Part XA Building Regulations in South Africa. There are different insulation requirements depending on where your project is in South Africa.
The table below defines the Thermal Insulation (R-Value) requirements, for any roof, by region, in South Africa. This is the R-value of the entire roof system including ceilings.
|3||Makhado (Luois Trichardt), Nelspruit||2.7|
|4||Cape Town, Port Elizabeth||3.7|
|5||East London, Durban, Richards Bay||2.7|
Deemed - To Satisfy Design Requirements For Buildings:
In some cases, existing buildings can be insulated on Deemed-To-Satisfy design principles. Where the deemed-to-satisfy principle are acceptable lower insulation value requirements may be justifiable. Please consult with your architect to see if this principle applies.
In order to meet thermal requirements certain thicknesses or PolyRoof Boards will be required. Generally new builds require the SANS 10400 Part XA regulations to be met.
PolyRoof Board Thicknesses & Thermal Insulation R-Values:
|Board Thickness||Thermal Insulation (R-Value)|
PolyRoof Board Densities & Compressive Strength:
PolyRoof Insulation boards are sold in high density or preferably extra high densities to ensure the least amount of water absorption and compressive strength requirements are met.
- It is best to consult with your engineers and architects to determine which density and thicknesses are best suited to your requirement.
- Please be advised that low and medium density products will fail in this application.
|High Density||20 kg/m3||110 KPa @ 10% Compression|
|Extra High Density||24 kg/m3 to 30 kg/m3||160 to 200 kPa @ 10% Compression|
Manufacture & Supply:
PolyRoof Insulation is manufactured locally in South Africa and distributed nationally from our regional factories in:
- Cape Town
- East London
- Port Elizabeth
We also export our polystyrene sheets, blocks and other products to certain countries in Africa, based on order volumes.
- Add the products and quantities you want to you order.
- Select delivery or request a delivery quote if your location is not covered.
- Submit your order for review
- We will then call you to review your order or discuss delivery costs with you.
- You will then approved the order or not.
- We will then cut your order and deliver it.
- Fast & Easy!
This Is Our Online Retail Portal
Approved Construction Companies Get Special Discounts In Our Dedicated Contractor Portal.
We Are Leading National Suppliers Of:
Polystyrene Sheets, Blocks, Floor Insulation, Wall Insulation, Ceiling Insulation, Ceiling Boards, Roof Insulation, SANBOARD, POLYBOARD, Lambdaboard, Isotherm & Slab Construction Products.
We Can Advise & Help You Find The Best Products & Prices On All The Major - Floor, Wall, Ceiling & Concrete Roof Insulations Applications & Products In South Africa.
Contact Us Today!
National Sales & Head Office
VAT Number: 4220273447
CO. Reg Number: 2016/072709/07
Main Office Number:
011 678 5626
Main Email: firstname.lastname@example.org