#1 Online Store For Polystyrene In South Africa
Building Contractor & Volume Discounts Will Be Evaluated During Our Quote Review Process. Simply Add Your Products To Your Quote Cart & Submit It Online For Us To Review With You!
Now Taking Last Orders For 2020!
Structural Fill - Raising Existing Slabs
Need Polystyrene Fill or Structural Polystyrene to raise an existing concrete slab?
PolyVoids are extensively used as structural fill or to raise existing concrete slabs in South Africa. PolyVoids sheets or blocks are placed directly on the existing concrete slab and then a new slab is cast on top of the polystyrene layer.
This is our retail portal. Contractors & Bulk Buyers should request access to our discounted Contractor & Bulk Buyer Portal.
Real Life Example:
In this picture, they are using our Highest Density PolyVoid blocks and sheets to raise an existing slab by 1m at the Nelson Mandela's Children Hospital in Johannesburg.
Engineering Design Considerations:
- We don't design concrete slabs so you will have to consult with your structural engineer on what density PolyVoids will be required.
- Low Density PolyVoids are generally used where the polystyrene layer is not going to carry the final weigh of the new concrete slab. The polystyrene in this case is just present to fill a void and carry the wight of the slab until the slab has cured.
- Our High Density & Extra High Density PolyVoids are generally required when the polystyrene layer is going to carry the full weight of the new concrete slab and live loads after the slab has been cast.
- The new concrete slab should be structurally reinforced and a mimumum of 100mm thick.
- The higher the density, the higher the cost of the PolyVoids.
- Standard sheet & block sizes are more cost effective.
- Avoid special cut blocks if possible. Wastage can increase costs significantly.
- Thinner sheets packed on top of each other are easier to handle, cut and pack on site.
- PolyVoids are easily cut with a knife or hacksaw blade.
This Is Our Online Retail Portal
Approved Construction Companies Get Special Discounts In Our Dedicated Contractor Portal.
We Are Leading National Suppliers Of:
Polystyrene Sheets, Blocks, Floor Insulation, Wall Insulation, Ceiling Insulation, Ceiling Boards, Roof Insulation, SANBOARD, POLYBOARD, Lambdaboard, Isotherm & Slab Construction Products.
We Can Advise & Help You Find The Best Products & Prices On All The Major - Floor, Wall, Ceiling & Concrete Roof Insulations Applications & Products In South Africa.
Contact Us Today!
National Sales & Head Office
VAT Number: 4220273447
CO. Reg Number: 2016/072709/07
Main Office Number:
011 678 5626
Main Email: email@example.com